UCAS Support in the 6th Form
Every year, approximately over 200 sixth form students go on to university study.Students go to a range of universities and study a variety of courses in everything ranging from Medicine to Automotive Engineering. Preparation for applying to university through UCAS starts early in the Lower Sixth, and students are given guidance and support throughout the UCAS process.
All students, regardless of their choice of course or university, are offered help and support with their decisions, application and personal statements. Below are just some of the ways we support our students through the UCAS application process:
- Higher Education Day in Lower Sixth – attended by a large number of universities (including Russell Group universities)
- Specialised help with applications for Medicine, Dentistry and Oxbridge (see G&T section)
- Range of speakers from different universities throughout the Sixth Form Information
- Guidance about Open Days and Taster Courses
- Personal statement help from university admissions tutors
- Personal statement advice surgeries
- Support from form tutors when writing personal statements
- Academic Tutor responsible for all UCAS applications.