Examination Details: 603/0406/6
2 Internal assessments (60%)
1 External synoptic task (40%)
1 tier of entry for all pupils
Component 1 Exploring the performing arts (30%)
- Examine professional practitioners’ performance work
- Explore the interrelationships between constituent features of existing performance material.
Component 2 Developing skills and techniques in the performing arts (30%)
- Develop skills and techniques for performance
- Apply skills and techniques in rehearsal and performance
- Review own development and performance.
Component 3 Performing to a brief (40%)
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Performing Arts
|Exploring the performing arts||
|2||Developing skills and techniques in the performing arts||Internal||36|
|3||Performing to a brief||Synoptic External||48|
Steps to Success in BTEC Performing arts
- Be enthusiastic in lessons – ‘Have a go’!
- You must attend all lessons and rehearsals (lunchtime and after school) to avoid letting others down in group assessment situations.
- Be supportive of others’ performance work. You can learn a lot from evaluating the work of other people.
- Be organised about looking after the notes and scripts you are given. Complete all written tasks diligently. This will help you in your coursework and final examination.
- Attend as much live theatre as possible. You live in London, theatre capital of the world!
- Be the leader – do not be afraid to initiate ideas. Listen to everyone’s ideas and select the best ones to try out.
- Listen to the advice of your teachers and act upon it.
- Think about the emotions of the character. Can you imagine how they feel?
- Think about your voice: pitch, pace and volume.
- Think about your body language, posture, facial expressions and gestures.
- Keep a journal of all the lessons in which you participate. Explain the skills you are learning or developing. Make sure you keep a record of the ideas you contributed and how others responded to those ideas and how you respond to the ideas of others.
National Theatre YouTube Page