GCSE Religious Studies
Examination Details 1RB0 Full Course
Course Specification available here
100% written examination
2 x 1 hour 45 minutes examinations as follows:
- All pupils to sit Paper 1: Area of Study 1 – Religion and Ethics. Option 1C (Islam), 1E (Hinduism) or 1G (Sikhism) as per their Y9 options.
- All pupils to sit Paper 2: Area of Study 1 – Religion, Peace and Conflict. Option 2B: Christianity.
There is only 1 tier of entry.
Pupils will have 1 x RE and 1 x RS lesson each week, and will be set homework every other week for each.
Paper 1: Religion and Ethics (RS) based on the study of Islam, Hinduism or Sikhism:
Belief in God
Marriage and the Family
Living a Religious Life
- Matters of Life and Death
Paper 2: Religion, Peace and Conflict (RE) based on a study of Christianity:
Christian beliefs about God
Crime and Punishment
Living a Christian Life
- Peace and Conflict
Steps to Success in Religious Studies
- Make sure you have the revision guides for both the units you study.
- Make sure you do not use slang or abbreviations.
- Learn all the key words from each section very thoroughly.
- Make sure you explain by giving reasons. Your reasons will usually have to be religious ones.
- Make sure you use specialist words.
- Make sure you know and understand what the different religious attitudes are and the reasons for these attitudes.
- Learn the different Christian denominational views.
- Practise writing under timed conditions.
- If you are absent, copy up the work that you have missed.
- Attend RS booster classes before exams.