Current Wellbeing provisions:
- Designated Wellbeing Lead (Mrs Benedict).
- Support from Tutors and Head of Year.
- Assembly programme.
- PSHE lessons on Mental Health (MH) and Wellbeing.
- Access to Year group mentoring.
- Access to Learning mentors.
- Access to staff with MH First Aid training.
- Referrals to Hounslow Youth Counselling Service.
- Referrals to Kooth.com (online mental wellbeing community).
- Wellbeing Posters around school.
- Referrals to Educational Mental Health Practitioners (Guided self help and Cognitive behavioural therapy for students with low level anxiety and low moods).
- Support parents and students with CAMHS referrals and meetings
- Weekly Wellbeing moments shared with students.
- Weekly wellbeing club.
- Year 11 & Year 13 students Wellbeing survey
- Workshops for Year 11 &Year 13 students on Strategies to Tackle Exam Pressure and Stress (STEPS) – both staff recommendation and student sign up.
- Year 11 & Year 13 tutorial sessions on exam anxiety and procrastination.
- Wellbeing email: email@example.com
- Access to Wellbeing Hub – portals for pupils, parents and staff.
- Wellbeing section on website with resources to support pupils and parents.
- Wellbeing section in the student diaries.
- Wellbeing committee on School Council to listen to student voice.
- Bereavement counselling support.
- Fundraising for MH charities
- During Mental Health Awareness week, we launched our Year 10 & Year 12 Wellbeing Ambassadors to Years 7-9. This is a three-tier programme:
Tier 1: drop-in session, Thurs 1pm 20R,
Tier 2: referral by a member of staff with student permission
- Worry box in Welfare office for students to share their concerns and access support.
- Parental workshops on the following topics: supporting teenagers, anxiety, and exam stress. Please look out for a future email with sign up details.
- Ensure all students complete Personal Development survey to gain more feedback from students. (Please check if your child(ren) have completed this, they have been emailed the link).